Weekly News Round-Up (April 22, 2022)

 It's Friday, it's five o'clock (or somewhat after), and it's so freakin' wonderful to have you here for yet another installment of The Underpublished Weekly News Round-up!

You know, in the past I've said that my aim here is, "To provide independent writers and publishers with the news they need (or perhaps the news they might be interested in) to not only put words on paper, but also get it out there in the ways that make sense." That's true, but this information is also right up the alley of people who, like me, love books and everything about them. Be it writing them, reading them, hoarding them, or just plain appreciating them, the Weekly News Round-Up from The Underpublished is for anyone who has any affection for books what so ever. 

Now that I've got that off my chest, please enjoy this installment of writing advice book business news, and other book related stuff. As always, if you feel there's a piece of the independent writing and publishing puzzle that I'm missing here, drop me a line and let me know. Send me links!

Have a good one, and keep writing, keep publishing, and keep reading!


WRITING ADVICE:


Zac Smith: What's the Point of Writing if You're Not Having Any Fun?


“I Trust Nothing But Music.” Valzhyna Mort on the Patient Listening of Writing Poetry


On Writing and Living True Crime


What Does Gentrification Have to Do With Writing Place?


What Makes Great Sci-Fi Writing?


How to Research and Write History in the Digital Age


Repetition, Repetition, Repetition: Working With Alliteration, Anaphora and Epistrophe in Poetry

 


THE BUSINESS:


Getting the Word Out: 25 Years of Changes to Book Publicity



WRITERS DOING THINGS:


Seeking Respite in Landscape: On Following Henry David Thoreau's Walks 



MISC:


Plague poems, defiant wit and penis puns: why John Donne is a poet for our times 


Writer’s Almanac - Subscribe


No comments:

Post a Comment