Weekly News Round-Up (April 8, 2022)

Hello and welcome to the second installment of The Underpublished Weekly News Round-up. Once again, the goal here is to provide independent writers and publishers with news that they may indeed be able to use as they chart their course through the world of putting pen to paper and then putting it out there. 

As usual, if you feel that there's a piece of the independent writing and publishing puzzle that I'm missing here, drop me a line and let me know. I'm also interested in any relevant news items I may have missed, so send me links to those as well.

Have a good one, and keep writing/publishing.


Writing Advice:

Think you can write a book? Here's how to pitch, publish and push your career

Maud Newton: Good Writing is All About Being Interested

How to write every day in a journal

Georgia authors share their favorite writing tips


Publishing:

Connell Sanders: 5 things I learned about the publishing process while writing my first book

How book lovers on TikTok are changing the publishing industry

Publishing company starts newspaper to focus on local stories

Literary agent Heather Carr on navigating the publishing industry – The Creative Independent


Opinion:

CYNN: Let the book publishing industry die

How to Research and Write History in the Digital Age | Higher Ed Gamma

Follow these accounts for more diverse book recommendations
 

Misc:

Written Content Is Dying. Or Is It?

Millennial and Gen Z nostalgia is bringing back chain bookstores

No comments:

Post a Comment