Weekly News Round-Up (June 17, 2022)

Greetings and salutations loyal readers! That's a joke. I have no readers ... aside from my big bro, who sends me emails to let me know when I've let loose a typo. If I did have readers, though, they could look down and see yet another list of the latest writing advice and publishing- and book-related news that I have graciously harvested from the vines of Internet and served up on a digital platter for your consumption. Where's my thank you? Where's my REWARD? WHERE'S MY GOD-DAMNED PARADE?

But I digress. Please, please, please check out the following cache of news you writers, publishers, and book lovers can use from this week. Help me spread the word about this. Tell a friend! And, of course, if you're aware of a piece of news from this week that should be here but isn't, drop me a line and tell me, tell me, tell me.

 Until next time ....

 

 WRITING ADVICE:

Catherine Lloyd on Writing Historical Characters with Progressive Views

Tom Perrotta on How to Keep a Story's Momentum Going

Tips for Handling Pacing in a Thriller Novel

Either/Both: Considering Literature's Pervasive Motherhood/Creativity Divide


Sometimes You Have to Get Lost to Find What You Really Need to Write


Utilizing Your Personal and Emotional Journey as a Catalyst in Your Writing (From Script)


Tom Perrotta on How to Keep a Story's Momentum Going


10 Asian American writers on the best (and worst) advice they've ever received.


9 Ways To Insert Your Own Voice and Style Into Research-Based Nonfiction Writing


THE BUSINESS:

How James Patterson Became the World’s Best-Selling Author

TikTok Users Are Showing Readers How To Game Amazon’s Ebook Return Policy

Netflix for Book Discovery and Other Problems

Why this book startup is taking a page from Glossier and Allbirds


MISC:

Fiona Barton: On Catching Someone in a Lie

All Tomorrow's Fables: How Do We Write About This Vanishing World?

Why Writing an Autobiography Is More Like Recording an Album Than Making a Single

 

No comments:

Post a Comment