Weekly News Round-Up (July 1, 2022)

Hidey-ho Race Fans, and welcome to another installment of writing-, publishing-, and book-related news and information from your friends (or friend) at the Butter Lamb Reference Library and Alternative Incite magazine.

As in installments past, I've rounded up another informative, intriguing, and engaging collection of news items, op-eds, and other fare penned to tickle, inform, and entertain your writing bone. I've been at this for a few months now, but I feel like batch of words is a particularly good one. (The last item about "Why I'm Not a Writer" is a particular gem.) But beyond that, it has occurred to me that, as the weeks go by, I'm building an impressive archive of writing-, publishing- and book-related news and resources for all of us to learn and benefit from. If you agree tell your friends!

Word-up.


WRITING ADVICE:

How to Write a Memoir About Family Tragedy (That People Want to Read)

Clare Pooley on Writerly Perseverance and Knowing When To Give Up

On “Creative Cross-Training.” How Bartending Helped Me Write My Novel

Jason Mott on the Power of Routine, and Tackling Writer's Block by Writing Badly

Writing Resources


 

THE BUSINESS:

Why I Write: My Book Came Out and Nothing Happened

Writing a Book? Start Amplifying Your Personal Brand Now


[Sort of related to the previous item]

Nine Top Tips for Writing High-Quality Social Media Posts

One publisher called my book repellent’: the first self-published author up for the Miles Franklin

Interview with an Indie Press: Seagull Books

Self-publishing trend surges amid pandemic demand for new literature

The Top 5 Strategies for Promoting a Book on Social Media [Infographic]

Gen Y Speaks: I've spent large sums to self-publish 2 books. Though only a handful have been sold, I'm not giving up


Amazon's e-book return policy comes under criticism from authors


MISC:

Baxter Black, Who Elevated Cowboy Poetry to Folk Art, Dies at 77

“Warnings Imply You Have a Choice.” Rebecca Solnit in Conversation with Margaret Atwood

When a Novel Re-imagines a Nation

Does Artificial Intelligence Really Have the Potential to Create Transformative Art?


The lost art of letter writing needs a revival

Why writing by hand needs to be revived

Why I Am Not a Writer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment