Weekly News Round-Up (July 22, 2022)

 Friday, July 22. It was warm in Laurellia. I was working the Underpublished blog in the creative division. My partner's Allen. The boss is the creative impulse, the urge to put things on paper or on the Internet. My name's Joe3.

It was 9:34 when I uploaded the latest batch of writing-, publishing-, and book-related news into the Blogger content management system interface and got ready to hit publish. As I did every week, I hoped that somewhere out there, someone besides me would find this stuff useful and interesting. It continued to be a tough slog, but I'm a glutton for punishment.


WRITING ADVICE:


“I Did Not Get Anywhere Until I Became a True Literary Citizen.” Courtney Maum on Making a Writing Career


Jennifer Chiaverini: On Sharing Nearly Forgotten Moments in History


What Is The Difference Between Mystery, Suspense, and Thriller Novels?


Danielle Jackson: On Characters Taking Control of the Story


Verlyn Klinkenborg on Writing More Clearly




THE BUSINESS: 


Publishers Want To Test Seller-Defined Audiences, But Buyers Aren't Interested While Third-Party Cookies Are Still In Play


Amazon Self-Publishers Eye Emerging Legal Arena to Fight Piracy


DAW Books Acquired By Astra Publishing House


How Crypto Is Evolving the Future of Books and Publishing


Independent publisher gives short stories their due with 'Storybook ND' series



MISC:


Past Lives of the Paragraph: The backstory on why it is so hard to say what exactly defines and governs this curious convention


How Many Words Did Shakespeare Invent?


The Politics of Craft: Charles Baxter on How His Essays on Writing Respond to a Changing World


Can poetry possibly matter in a time like this? Harvard’s Tracy K. Smith knows the answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment