Weekly News Round-Up (August 5, 2022)

Okay, this is getting to be a feature rather than a bug, but seriously, I was away again last weekend. I mean really away. I went to Milwaukee and Chicago, by way of Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada, all of which are kinda far from Maryland. It was a whirlwind trip, and I saw a lot of wonderful things. Best of all, I didn't have a computer with me, so spent very little time looking at a screen, save for that of my phone when I needed directions. For the record, I did try to download the blogger app for my phone, but I couldn't get it to work so, blah, blah, blah. 

     Anyhoo, that explains why I wasn't able to to get this thing out on Friday, but seeing that I don't have any readers, it really doesn't matter and all this explaining I'm doing is for nothing. So, for all of you non-existent readers out there, here is this week's round-up of writing-, publishing-, and book-related news. Enjoy.


WRITING ADVICE:

To Write Fiction with a Psychotherapist's Mind

Mary Ruefle on Bringing Joy to Your Writing Practice


3 Tips for Writing a Second Chance Romance

How to Master Needed College Writing Skills | Education | US News


Five Things Readers Wish Every Writer Knew (From Script)


THE BIZNEZZ:

What's at stake as book publishing merger faces antitrust trial

Penguin Random House-Simon & Schuster Merger “Must Be Stopped,” Justice Department Attorney Tells Judge As Antitrust Trial Of Publishing Giants Begins

Stephen King Testifies in Simon & Schuster Antitrust Trial


Are Ebooks on the Decline Again?


MISC:

Opportunities for writers, poets and publishers for August '22.

The New York Times has found its next Books editor

If You Want to Ruin Bookstores for Yourself, Become a Writer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment